There are tons, and we mean tons, of marketing tools out in the world to help you improve your Internet marketing and online presence, but when it comes to figuring out which ones are actually valuable it can easily become overwhelming. If you’re looking for tools that give insight to your guests’ behavior and encourages more interaction with your property, then you might want to add the six marketing tools listed below to your toolkit.
- Google Analytics – OK, Google Analytics isn’t just a “might want to use,” it’s a must use. This free tool offers unrivaled data on your website visitors and what they’re doing on your site. Learn more about their demographic data, where they’re coming from, what device they’re on, what pages they’re looking at, what pages encourage them to make a booking, and so much more.
- Crazy Egg – Crazy Egg, like Google Analytics, shows you what visitors are doing on your site but in a more visual context with a heatmap. The tool shows where visitors are clicking, how they scroll through your site, and what they’re clicking on the most. This can help you from a content and design perspective to see what works on your website and what can be improved.
- Unbounce – Unbounce is a tool that you can use to build and test custom landing pages. Easily create pages with a drag and drop builder, use custom overlays to drive conversions, or use dynamic text replacement to swap out keywords to better match what your visitor was searching for.
- OptinMonster - OptinMonster helps you easily design lead capture forms or pop-ups using exit intent technology. When guests land on your website, a pop-up highlighting a special could appear, or if a guest starts moving their mouse to exit out of the window, a pop-up would display asking them to subscribe to email newsletters.
- Email marketing provider – Tools like RezCampaigns, MailChimp, or Constant Contact can be immensely beneficial for your marketing efforts. Not only can timely emails encourage guests to take a trip they weren’t planning on, it can also help strengthen their loyalty to your brand.
- Live chat – If you’ve seen a dip in bookings or have a lot of inventory for guests to look through, using a live chat tool could help your customers find exactly what they’re looking for and complete their reservation. Most offer the ability to have canned responses so when guests keep asking about your romance package, you can quickly send them information about it without typing it out over and over again.