What is the general procedure for data conversion?
To run a conversion, go to: Start > Programs > RezStream > RezStream Conversion Wizard.
- Make sure the program you wish to convert data from is installed on the computer you have RezStream installed on. Some things to note:
- If the old software program is not currently installed, you may install the data file(s) from the old program.
- If the old program uses more than one data file, make sure all data files are in the the standard install location for the original program (usually C:\Program Files\PROGRAM NAME\ or C:\PROGRAM NAME). RezStream will automatically choose the default location of the old program database.
- In some cases it will be necessary to browse to the data file if the old program was installed in another location. You may do a search for the data file name to determine its’ location on the computer.
- You may retain any unit rates that you have entered into the program. To do this, run the conversion wizard, and when prompted to “PURGE UNIT RATES?” simply choose “NO”.
- If you have typed in letters, rooms descriptions, etc. It is a good idea to copy them into Microsoft Word before you run a data conversion. They can then be pasted back into RezStream after the data conversion is final.
- You should keep your old program in the event that you need to access historical information such as reports, reservations, etc. Note that in some cases, the conversion wizard can only convert contact information, and not reservation information, so it is important to keep your old program until you have finished entering data into the new system.
How do I convert from Guest Tracker?
Usually the Guest Tracker database is located in C:\Tracker, and the Guest Tracker data file is called TRACKER.MDB. For more details on the Guest Tracker conversion, please see the Guest Tracker Conversion Guide document.
How do I convert from WinROOM?
Normal location is: C:\Winroom4
WinROOM data files are: wr.mdb (data) and wrconfig.mdb (These two must be on new machine, in the same folder, for data transfer to work properly.)
To move Winroom to new computer:
- Install Winroom from disc
- Copy over any exe files from Winroom on original computer. (There are several or more: Winroom4.exe)
- Zip backup and transfer over to new computer. Restore from backup in Winroom or open zip in Winroom directory. Can also copy each one separately. (wr.mdb, wrconfig.mdb, wrarrows.wrs, wrooms.wrs) No need to get ini file.
How do I convert from Avail?
Normal location is C:\Program Files\Rezworks\Avail
Avail Data files are: avd5.mdb and avc5.mdb usually located in the program location. avd.mdb is the data file.
How do I convert names and addresses only?
First export your contact information (names, addresses, email, etc.) from your existing PMS program. This information must be exported into a “comma delimited” file (CSV).
Once the information is in CSV format you can import using the Conversion Wizard “Names Only” option. Please see the RezStream Help topic “Importing a Text File” for more detailed information. The Help topics can be accessed within RezStream by selecting Help > Help.