We must admit, we’re not writing a new Declaration of Independence, but we are writing a software program based on your feedback! For almost a decade, we’ve been collecting your feature requests of what you need in a property management software (PMS).
We've compiled hundreds of requests that we organized based on how important it was to you, then we started to go to work on the features that benefit our clients’ day-to-day business needs. Once we knew what features and sections we needed to focus on, we surveyed our client base to make sure these features had stood the test of time.
Here’s a list of the top five features we incorporated in the RezStream Cloud based on your feedback:
- A Cloud-based PMS. To meet the needs of a mobile lifestyle, a cloud-based program was deemed necessary. Clients want to be able to access their software from any internet-enabled device anywhere in the world and we want their software to be responsive and fast. So far, Alpha testers indicate that this program is much faster than its predecessor.
- Improved rate management. Just as our clients take reservations differently, they manage rates differently too. A major request was that rate management not be confusing or a pain to edit. We understood and added new options for rate management. The Cloud-based software has the ability to control weekend days, if they differ from Friday and Saturday, as well as having consistent rates across all days or having different rates for every day of the week. You are in control! We also created custom fields to charge for pet or any other rates you need to manage.
- Automatic emails. A guest just booked a weekend stay and immediately receives their confirmation email. Or, they just checked out of your property and receive a thank you email for their visit the next day. No longer do you have to manually send these emails, dependent on the rules you setup within the Cloud PMS, your guests will receive the communication they need while you’re free to focus on other aspects of your business.
- User-friendly experience. We all love things that are easy to use as soon as you get it and that’s the idea that our programmers focused on while developing the software. We’ve consolidating screens to ensure historical information is there when you need it. Group bookings have been refined to be simpler while providing the details you’ve requested. Our programming staff doesn’t just care about a fancy feature, they want to ensure it works the way you expect, without having to read a help file. Right now, our Alpha testers are fine tuning the user experience to make sure it works the way you asked it to.
- Flexibility and automatic updates. Clients have a variety of 3rd party vendors they work with, from OpenTable, Bedandbreakfast.com, Expedia, and more, and with the Cloud PMS, connections to these 3rd parties will be easy to integrate into your software with an open API connection. Automatic updates will take place seamlessly instead of clients going on the hunt for updates.
Right now, we’re rolling into Beta testing to continue our refinement of the usability and feature set. We will work with several dozen properties to get the product ready for launch. So what’s next, you ask? Be sure to come back to our blog where we’ll have an interview with an Alpha tester and see how the Cloud PMS is shaping up for the future.