Revenue Tracking to the Keyword Level
Imagine if you turned in your homework for the thirteen plus years you went to school and a teacher never graded any of your assignments. Without this guidance, the task of trying to improve your performance would be, at best, a monumental challenge.
Without a tracking tool, a business could not know which online channels produced and which ones did not. Without this documented evidence, it would be impossible to make educated decisions to improve marketing strategies and capitalize on the productive, or converting, online sources.
Importance of Using a Tracker
Having a tracker that can track revenue down to the keyword level is incredibly important for a variety of reasons. Tracking revenue sources helps pinpoint which marketing campaigns are performing and which are not performing. With the data that is collected, you can more effectively delegate your marketing dollars to the best campaigns. Trackers also allow you to see what geographical areas are bringing in traffic to your website, what days of the week are busier traffic-wise than others, and what times of the day generate more traffic. Trackers can also show seasonality trends.
- Google.com – An organic and effective pay per click campaign is the most important element of Internet marketing. Only RezStream uses the Google asynchronous tracking script to track pay per click revenue to the keyword level with accuracy.
- National Directories – while these links/directories are important, they are not nearly as critical as having an Internet marketing campaign focused on search engine optimization.
- Local Directories – These directories often surpass the national directories in producing revenue.
- Other –Any online channel can be tracked. Banners or graphics, email blasts, and more
Importance of Tracking Revenue to the Keyword Level
Top Converting Keywords –Knowing which keywords lead to conversions will help you figure out if you need to alter your pay per click (PPC) and search engine optimization (SEO) strategies.
Effectively and accurately tracking revenue to the keyword level is important in keeping you from wasting money on sources that are not converting.
Revenue Tracking to the Keyword Level:
- You will not bid on expensive keywords in the pay per click that are not converting.
- You will not renew with national or local directories that are not converting.
- You will be able to modify your search engine optimization based on the highest converting keywords.
- You will have a more successful year than ever!
How to Track Revenue to the Keyword Level:
- You need a booking engine that supports the Google Analytics scripts specifically for revenue tracking. Simply saying you can support Google Analytics tracking scripts is not enough.
- Google Analytics needs to be set up specifically to track revenue. The general settings are not sufficient and you need to know proper settings and code for Google Analytics as well as in pay per click if you have a PPC campaign.
RezStream offers Google Analytics revenue tracking with our booking engine and software as part of the standard pricing. Contact RezStream today for more information at 303.872.0220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.