An infographic from Ard na Sidhe Country House showcases the global hotel industry trends of 2016 and some unique highlights show:
- The global hotel industry revenue is predicted to reach $550 billion dollars in 2016.
- Europe and Asia Pacific are key regions with the highest hotel occupancy rates at over 68% respectively.
- The Middle East and Africa are the most expensive regions for hotel rates with a $165.97 dollar daily room rate on average.
- Smartphones are critical in the purchase cycle and during travel.
- Hotels are investing in Software as a Service (SaaS) for reservation systems to cut down on operating costs and eliminating upfront fees.
- Social media will continue to play a role in online marketing efforts to engage with customers and win over new audiences.
View the infographic below: