With over 320 million monthly users, Twitter is a social platform that can’t be ignored in your property’s social media marketing strategy. According to Adweek, the average traveler spends at least an hour researching lodging online before even booking a flight. So, having an active presence on social media platforms like Twitter offer another outlet where people can find you during their search.
Marketing on Twitter is all about the communication. It is a great platform for listening to your customers, responding to your customers, and being able to connect with them and create propulsion towards booking your property. If used right, Twitter can help increase brand awareness, drive direct bookings, and ultimately create customer loyalty.
Here are some of the top ways to use Twitter to boost your brand awareness and generate new business.
- Provide valuable information – Become a valuable news source for your followers. Tweet about local events, things to do in the area, places to eat, etc. Add photos of the area and comment on local news stories.
- Listen to your audience – Take the time to listen to what people are saying. As a real-time channel, you are able to capture what people are thinking and feeling in real-time. At the very least set up a profile to capture mentions via email alerts to stay up to date with what is being said about your property.
- Quick response – Be prepared to respond quickly. According to Hubspot, the majority of people expect a response within two hours. IF expressing a complaint, 72% of people expect a response within the hour.
- Use hashtags – According to Twitter, tweets with hashtags result in 16% more retweets and likes. Using relevant hashtags in your tweets increases the likelihood of people finding you and your property when searching specific hashtags related to your brand or industry.
- Twitter chats – Use Twitter chats to discover potential leads and new followers. Use popular hashtags that pertain to your business and use them to meaningfully engage around a topic of conversation that is relevant to your business.
- Incorporate photos – Imagery through photos or videos is an effective way of grabbing people’s attention and increases the likelihood of people retweeting your content.
When used correctly, Twitter can be a powerful tool to connect with your potential and current customers.