Popular QR Codes are Everywhere in Mobile Marketing
Whether you have jumped on the mobile bandwagon or not, mobile marketing is showing up everywhere. Statistics show this form of marketing is only going to keep growing at a tremendously fast pace. One element of mobile marketing is QR codes, which is short for “quick response” code. These codes have been used in Japan for some time and are spreading like wildfire throughout the US.
What are QR codes?
When you scan or read a QR code with your Android, Smartphone or iPhone, you can link to content on a website, bring up phone numbers, email, IM, or SMS. To read QR codes, an application needs to be downloaded on your phone for access. After that is completed, it is as easy as taking a picture of the barcode on your phone. You will then access the information that has been encoded into the QR design.
How QR codes can be used in the hospitality industry:
- Place QR codes at your physical location, on marketing materials, on your website, in email blasts, and so forth.
- Push specials and coupons
- Showcase event details
- Encourage people to “Like” your Facebook page or follow you on Twitter
- Send people to a unique landing page
- Encourage email opt-ins for newsletters
- Persuade people to call
- Scanning contact information on business cards makes it easy for visitors to get your contact information into their phone
Benefits of using QR codes:
- Generate more business
- Gain followers
- Update your website for the search engines
- Push your brand
Using QR codes is fast and easy. More and more people will not only look for them, but also use them to help make a purchasing decision.
In doing a test around my home, I pulled out about ten different products to find that mobile QR codes are painted on almost every one of them.
Now that you know more about thess marketing codes, you, too, will notice their abundant usage in the marketplace. With this realization, it should be a strong consideration for your business to jump on the mobile bandwagon as well.