Utilizing past travel data allows a property owner to study trends in the hospitality world. This timely information permits us to understand which groups of people are traveling and why. Analyzing these facts can help you capture more of the active travelers by making adjustments to your marketing strategies.
TOP INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL MARKETS IN 2008
- Canada 18.9 million
- Mexico 13.7 million
- UK 4.5 million
- Japan 3.2 million
- Germany 1.8 million
- Italy 780,000
These facts can also help determine who to target in your link building campaigns or geo-target in pay per click endeavors.
AGE OF TRAVELERS IN 2008 BY BIRTH YEAR
- Before 1946: 21% leisure travel and 14% of business travel
- 1946-1954: 15% leisure travel and 16% of business travel
- 1955-1964: 21% leisure travel and 21% of business travel
- 1965-1980: 31% leisure travel and 35% of business travel
- After 1980: 12% leisure travel and 14% of business travel
It is important to understand the age range of your target market and which types of platforms they are using to search for travel online. GDS, local markets, social media...
OTHER TRAVEL FACTS
- Pet Friendly Travel: 18% of US leisure travelers usually take their pets.
- Solo Travelers: 11% of US leisure travelers take their trips by themselves.
90 million US adults planned their travel online and one in four obtained information from friends, neighbors, co-workers and so forth.
(These statistics were taken from USTravel.org who obtained it from Travelers’ Use of the Internet, 2009.)
There are a variety of link building and pay per click opportunities to help target the market that can help your hotel, bed and breakfast, resort, property management company or inn succeed. Furthermore, there are packages you can create to accommodate the different group types of travelers and their specific needs.
If you need help in beginning a Internet marketing strategy or perhaps all you need is some fine tuning of your current IM approach, RezStream is here to help! Please feel welcome to contact us for a free analysis by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 866.360.8210.