It’s a digital world for business these days but many businesses still rely on phone calls to get customers in the door but with advancements in technology, you can marry digital practices and traditional phone calls to generate more business. With call tracking, you can understand which marketing efforts are generating business and which ones need some TLC.
Call tracking is essentially creating a different phone number for different marketing campaigns and call tracking software can show which number or which campaign is working the best – both online and offline. How do you use call tracking?
- Pay per click campaigns: Find out what keywords and ad copy is getting attention and encouraging phone calls
- Display ads: Perhaps you’re running an ad on another site or running an ad with a tourism board or magazine. You can measure your ROI with call tracking on these different numbers.
- Channel attribution: You could use call tracking with the number on your site or on other channels to see where people are calling from.
Why you should invest in call tracking:
- Recognize ROI: Call tracking gives you direct information about the effectiveness of your different campaigns and your return on investment.
- Understand where your customers are: Call tracking can show you what channels your guests are using so you know where to invest your future marketing campaigns into. It can also show you where they are in a geographical sense as the software will know where in the world they’re located so you can use that type of demographic data for future marketing campaigns.
- Understand what they’re doing: Call tracking software can also follow the user’s activity on the website so you can understand how they’re navigating your site and what content is most important to them.
- Keyword research: Find out what keywords are resonating with your guests and where you can use these winning terms on other parts of your website.
- Optimize other efforts: After seeing which campaigns are the most successful, you can copy over those winning campaigns to improve your poor performers or shut them off and direct those funds into your valuable campaigns. By talking to these guests on the phone, you can also find out what information may be missing from the campaign to optimize them even further.
If you’ve been on the RezStream blog before, you might be saying, “But wait, aren’t I supposed to have a quality and consistent NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number)?” Yes, yes you are! With most call tracking software on the market today, you won’t have to worry about the number messing up your ranking or SEO efforts in regards to your NAP as they rely on DNI (Dynamic Number Insertion). DNI just means each visitor sees a different, but temporary, number on your website with a specific script and is then tracked when they call you.
Call tracking is a great way to measure the performance of various marketing campaigns and can be a great investment for 2018.